The Lync Online Control Panel now lets you configure the following Lync Online settings for your entire organization:
- Call and conference recording of meetings and phone calls
- Mobile phone notifications for Lync Mobile users on Lync 2010 for Windows Phone, Lync 2010 for iPhone, or Lync 2010 for iPad
- Presence privacy mode, which gives users greater control over who can see their online presence
In addition, and thanks in part to your suggestions and feedback, the Lync Online Control Panel has a new organization, and includes the ability to search, sort, and filter your list of Lync Online users.
Finally, we’ve added an important fix to resolve a previous issue. Now, when you change an Office 365 user ID, the Lync sign-in address is also updated. This means you no longer need to contact Microsoft Support to change someone’s user ID.
- For more information on client-side recording in Lync Online, see Record and play back meetings in Lync Online and Microsoft KB 2433212 How to troubleshoot recording online meetings in Lync Online. To configure client-side recording for your organization, see Lync Online Control Panel help for Enterprises or Professionals and Small Businesses.
- Lync mobile push notifications are turned on by default for Office 365 organizations. See the online help for Enterprises or Professionals and Small Businesses, and Microsoft KB 2636320 How to use and troubleshoot issues with Lync Mobile on Apple iPhone and iPad mobile devices and Microsoft KB 2636318 How to use and troubleshoot issues with Lync Mobile on Windows Phone 7 mobile devices.
- Presence privacy mode allows organizations to specify whether a user’s presence is displayed to all users, or only those on a user’s contact list. See the online help for Enterprises or Professionals and Small Businesses.
- Filtering and search options in the Lync Online Control Panel give administrators a way to look at a subset of users by searching on their name or phone number and also to filter users based on the features available to them. See the online help for Enterprises or Professionals and Small Businesses.
- For more information on how Lync Online manages the sign-in address (or SIP Address), see Microsoft KB 2537764 How sign-in addresses and user IDs are managed in Lync Online.
Read more new Office 365 January 20102 features enabled for Enterprise Plans @> http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/hh831842.aspx