Office 365 is continually evolving, expanding and improving – meaning new capabilities and opportunities, alongside the need to support adoption and manage change on an ongoing basis. Over the years I have been asked to do lots of On Premise current state assesments to help customers plan and check to ensure that their infrastructure is running optimally and meets current, and future, requirements. Recently however I have noticed an incline in requests from customers who want the same current state assesment for Office 365.
Whilst doing a bit of googling to see if there were any reporting tools that could ensure I capture key information on our customers tenant I was amazed at what I found, the following tool can be downloaded for FREE from Microsoft Technet and it ticks all the boxes:
To get your copy of the tool follow the link here: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Office-365-Reporting-Tool-7987b4c2
Below are some screenshot from within the reporting tool:
What Can the Tool Do?
The tool provides detail reports on the following areas of Office 365
- Azure Active Directory (43 reports)
- Security Reports (22 Reports)
- Exchange Online (99 reports)
- SharePoint Online (35 reports)
- OneDrive for Business (11 reports)
- Skype for Business (22 reports)
- Yammer (20 reports)
- Microsoft Teams (16 reports)
- General Office 365 Reports (9 reports)
Reporting Capabilities Highlights
- Automatic Schedule – Schedule one or more reports to run automatically at the configured time and delivered straight to your preferred mail-ids.
- Rich Filters – Apply filter on any columns to see only the required information and save the filter for future use.
- Easy Customization – Allow you to easily customize the reports by rearranging, adding or removing the columns and its size.
- Report Export – Ability to export the reports to CSV, PDF, HTML, XLS or XLSX.
For me this tool will help me put together usefull documentation that we can present to customers and hopefully help plan a way forward with something that customers have aready invested in, I believe this FREE tool will help customers decide on a stratagy to develop their Office 365 utilisation for the better.